We believe political leaders need partners to create a better future. Those partners come from various sectors of society including cultural, academic, business and the arts. This diversity allows us to build relationships among influential individuals and societies that have historically been divided. Together we are encouraged to take action to achieve the MEP vision and to nurture a long-term perspective. By focusing on the long-term vision we inspire one another not to let the current situation decide our future.
Our current professional teams:
- SONGWRITERS: Recorded a CD, currently performing in Europe and the Middle East.
- EDUCATORS: Creating a curriculum based on the MEP vision statement.
- ARTISTS: Painting while being inspired by MEP vision, values and the music of My Favorite Enemy
- FILM: Currently documenting the MEP journey, concerts and leadership gatherings.
- CHEFS: Catering MEP events and working on a unique Israeli/Arab menu.
- BUSINESS, GOVERNMENT/POLITICS AND ETHICS: Have created an Ethics in Conflict game and workshop that has been taught in a number of international schools.
Each group includes a combination of people from the Middle East, Europe and the US with different cultural, religious and professional backgrounds. Each professional group develops its own initiatives and projects based on the MEP vision. Groups meet 2-3 times a year in the Middle East and in Norway, in addition to ad hoc project meetings in smaller groups. Bringing these groups together to collaborate on initiatives in their respective professional fields fosters understanding, creativity and a new vision for the future. In doing so, we develop trust based upon the three foundational values of MEP: Courage, Compassion and Commitment.